Monday, June 23, 2008

Good Morning....

When I let my girls out this morning I realized it was one of those beautiful summer mornings that made you want to go outside and just enjoy. It's about 80 degrees this morning after a very warm afternoon yesterday (96 degrees) and it took me back to childhood days when we would always be out the door as soon as we had breakfast. My favorite days were the days the milkman would come to deliver the milk, butter, cream and eggs. You see, I've always been crazy for horses, even as a little girl, and our milkman came in a horse-drawn wagon for about a year after we moved to the big house. The horse was a dappled gray, and I would stand and pet that velvety soft nose and talk to him while the milkman was taking our order to the back door. Once in a while the milkman would even let me ride in the wagon with him to the corner. Although we were only the third house from the corner, that was one of my biggest summer treats. I smile even now as I think of those times....

Y'all have a good day now, y'hear...

1 comment:

Jack said...

hey, this post really put a smile on my face. It was almost as if I could imagine what you are writing. Always keep smiling dear, thanks.