Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Life in the red dirt world...

In our wonderful red dirt world if it rains you have a red mud world. If you have children, which I don't, or if you have dogs that are like your children, and I have two, one of your challenges is how to get red dirt out of any good clothes. I've found that the best thing for me to do is to not wear anything that you have to worry about getting the stains out of in the first place. Since we aren't exactly socialites I don't have to worry what to wear when I'm out doing the yard work or tending to the garden. I would probably be on the fashionista's 10 most wanted lists for a make over if anyone ever visited. I've learned not to wear white or anything light in color when I go to town because my furbabies will be jumping on me when I get home. While it is wonderful to be welcomed home like that, it doesn't bode well for any nicer clothes in light colors. I do think that the girls, my furbabies, are smarter than I am, however, because at my age and my shape I really don't need to wear anything but darker colors.

As I learn more about how to do this blogging stuff I'll start posting pictures of my girls, as well as my world out here in the red dirt. So bear with me as I learn about all these things and I'll try to keep you all entertained...

1 comment:

Chari said...

Helen, You're blogging! Yea!!! My hubby is a native Georgia boy and we lived in red dirt for over 10 years. We still have items with a dull red haze from that darn dirt. Can't wait to see photos of your 'kids'.
Chari