Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th...

Happy 4th of July!!! I'll admit it... I get almost teary when I hear our national anthem, I love to see our Stars and Stripes waving in the breeze and I take pride in knowing brothers, sisters, nephews and friends (those I "know" and those I've never physically met, such as Shmoops) have served our country in a multitude of ways and helped to protect our way of life. I just want to thank each and every one of you and let you know your commitment and dedication is appreciated. Too many times we forget to say "thank you", assuming that you know your service a gift we can never thank you enough for, but I, for one, felt the need this special day to say "Thank You!!!" You are held in a special place in my heart and in my prayers.

Now everybody go out and have a great time with family and friends, play at the lake or the pool, enjoy those hot dogs and hamburgers and all the trimmings at the picnics and get sunburned and have a great day, but somewhere in the back of your head, be thankful for those who insure that we get to celebrate this day every year.

Okay...I'm off my soapbox for today. I love you all and have a great day!!! Play safe!!!

Helen

No comments: