Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I Have A Dream...And A Question...

Well, not really a dream, but I do have a question. I had to run into town to the grocery yesterday and I do I lot of my thinking on these short trips. I had a real good idea for something to write about on my blog. It was one of those flashes of brilliance that don't come too often and I thought it would be such fun to write about and I was enjoying writing it in my head... Then I parked and went in the grocery to pick up a ham. I came out,loaded the groceries and headed back home, stopped at a little quick stop closer to home for ice and proceeded to come home. I unloaded the groceries and the ice, and sat down at the computer.... and realized I had a really good idea earlier and now could not remember squat about whatever it was... I have been trying to think of it for the past 24 hours with no success, and that makes me just crazy... So what do you all do in situations like this? Do you have memory tricks? Carry a note pad? A tape recorder? Or do you just say, "Oh, well..." and figure that it will come back around and you'll catch it then?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated...

Frustrated in Oklahoma

5 comments:

Michelle said...

If I don't write it down or make an appointment in my cell phone (it rings to remind me) then I don't remember much so I am no help to you. Just forget about it and it will come back to ya. It may no tbe today though. Good luck!!

Twisted Fencepost said...

Im with Michelle. I write it down if possible. Just enough to job my memory. If I can't write it down and I forget...It'll come back to me, I hope.

joanne said...

Dear Frustrated in Oklahoma;
I too, suffer from this malady. You would not believe the magnificent posts I create in my sleep, or when i'm out shopping, driving, etc. I have thought to keep paper and pen with me at all times but alas...this has been no help. I've obviously lost more than my mind ;) Best of luck to you and if you find a solution please let me know. Have a good day.

signed,
Frustrated too in Washington

Tipper said...

I so know what you mean!! I have to write it down-that is if I remember it long enough to get a pen and paper! Hope you get your inspiring idea back.

Expat No. 3699 said...

Oh, I think all of us bloggers have this happen to us. I keep paper and a pen in my purse and in my car. I have actually gotten up in the middle of the night to pee and made myself a note. Problem is, when I read it the next day, it doesn't always seem like such a great idea. Oh well.

Thanks for visiting my little neck of the blogisphere. Check in all this week as I have my first Give-Away going on!