Friday, September 12, 2008

My Little Zipper Princess...




My wonderful little SueSue had to have surgery Tuesday to remove a couple of growths. It was not a bad surgery, everything went well and I picked her up in the late afternoon of the same day. When I got to the vet's they took me into an examining room to go over after care and instructions about pain meds and anti-biotics... That's when it got interesting:

Anti-biotics - Twice daily for two weeks. She will love that because she gets her pill in a pill-pocket treat.

Pain meds - Twice daily for up to two weeks, if needed. See above.

Suture Removal - Sutures to be removed in two weeks. Inspect daily for any signs of infection or chewing. Cover with a baby shirt if she tries to scratch or chew. Okay.

Keep on a leash to go outside - This might work for 2 days. Mom is in doubt...

Do not allow pet to play with other pets in the home - Now it started to get questionable, but Chloe is older and not as active as she once was..

No running, chasing or ball or frisbee playing - Okay, this is down-right near impossible. Not the frisbee, because she doesn't much care for it, but the BALL!! NO BALL!! Please, mom, don't take away my ball for even 24 hours!! Obviously whoever wrote these instructions never had mini-schnauzers.

When we got out of the car and headed toward the front door there was a ball laying by the steps. She stopped, looked at me with her tail wagging and that 'let's play' look in her eyes. I had to look into those baby browns and tell her no...

But I did tell her that her little pink zipper looking sutures were really pretty. Somehow I don't think it made either of us feel any better.

9 comments:

joanne said...

awwwww, poor girl, I hope she feels better soon and heals up quickly.

Hope Ike doesn't give you a hard time. I'll be thinking of you...be safe and take carel

Laura ~Peach~ said...

doggggon... that just looks painful. I hope she rests... its kinda like a child however they just dont take the time to realize they are needing to rest!

Twisted Fencepost said...

Poor thing! They are like little children, they just don't understand.

Debbie said...

Ouch that looks alittle painful. When we had our dachshund spayed, all 5 lbs of her, she didn;t stop much either. She wanted to play but knew something was hurting and she would look at me, like, "Mommy, what is it?" Just hurt my heart. I hope she gets well fast, and she;ll be chasing balls again, with out any pain!!

God Bless~
Debbie

Alida Thorpe said...

Poor baby!
Hope she feels well soon!

Kathy said...

I hope your dog gets along okay.

Thanks for stopping by my place and leaving a comment.

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness, it LOOKS terrible, so glad to hear it is not that serious. Could have fooled me! I had a Schnauzer, in fact I have had two of them. Now, I have boxers only. Good luck on keeping her calm for all that time...yeah right!

Michelle said...

So mom, have you given in on the ball issue yet? Just wondering how long you will last at saying no. Poor girlie. I hope she is not in too much pain. These guys are so resilient when it comes to pain. They never let you know. I wish I could read minds sometimes. Give her a hug from this doggie mom.

Unknown said...

I just read about you over at Wonder World of ... by Hallie. I was going to say how beautiful your dogs are (I have a mini too!) and then I saw the picture. Poor Baby!!!!! It looks just awful. How is she doing?