Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I Think I Lost My Mind...

And after what I witnessed on the "debate" tonight, I'm not sure that I want it back. How can it be that 2 people who are battling for the highest post in the land can seemingly be so out of touch with the American people? And why do I, and millions of others feel like we are beating our heads against a wall trying to be heard? I have voted in every election since 1966 when I became legal to vote.

I was young, enthusiastic, and, obviously, naive. I somehow thought that even if the candidates I voted for did not win, my vote and that of others like me would be looked at by both parties as a message that even though my people may not have won, they had things that they espoused that were important to a lot of people and should be considered by our elected officials.

Naw... they just won the frikken' election. Piss on all those poor bastards that didn't vote for me... I'll make 'em pay, one way or the other. Well, I kept up my chin, being a glass half full kind of gal, and would walk into my polling place for the next one, place my vote, and if my candidate won, I would see them do the same damn thing to people of the other party.

It's no farking (thanks Nola) wonder we can't get anything done about all the situations going on today. Billy Bob senator wants Joe Willy representative to kiss his lily white Christian ass before he will help talk up a bill to his senate cronies, while Joe Willy wants a piece of pork slipped into the bill that would get him a destruction derby race track built on some land that Bart Buddy owns back home because Bart Buddy gave him a big ass donation from his millions that his pappy made in bootleggin' back during probition...

I'll be so glad when this election is over...The older I get the more frustrated I get.

HALLIE... HALLIE...WHERE ARE YOU??? And Sock Monkey... I will quit calling you silly names... maybe

6 comments:

Nola said...

You're very farking welcome!! I have to confess your politics leaves me scratching my head. I really don't understand any of it ... it all leaves me slightly perplexed really. Ours is bad enough!!!!

Twisted Fencepost said...

I think we're in a whole heap of trouble, no matter who wins!

Laura ~Peach~ said...

hallie and sock moneky have my vote because we are in BIG trouble NO MATTER which of these people win. sigh:(

Paige said...

Hear hear--I was so frustrated last nite--there were so few concrete answers offered.

Makes me nuts!

kimmy said...

I agree...Hallie and Sock Monkey should go all the way to the White House!!!!

Kimmy

joanne said...

Deeeep Breath Helen, it will be over soon, and we can go back to complaining about the weather ;)