Monday, October 27, 2008

Well, There's More To Add...

I don't know if you remember me writing a post about losing my a... or not, but now, obviously from the photo, there's more. It seems I'm also shiftless. My poor laptop is slowly but surely going to pieces.


The best thing about it is that it is my laptop going to pieces, not me. If I had realized how, in times of stress, pain, heartache, loss, and in good times, joyous moments and feeling great times, sharing my life is so cathartic I would have started blogging a long time ago.


Of course I am beating my laptop to death with all the blogging, reading other blogs and leaving messages, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera (from one of my all time favorite movies), but I think that is a small price to pay for the peace of mind from just putting myself and my thoughts for the world (or not) to read and contemplate (or not).

It isn't so much that I think my thoughts are so all-fired important to the masses, it is more like I like to throw it out there and see what comes back to me. So far I have had wonderful things come back to me, such as my Red Dirt Woman doodle (thank you Rick), friendships all around the country and even another continent (thank you Nola). I've enjoyed reading and posting on other people's sites, some of which are right here in my own backyard, in a manner of speaking (thank you Lisa J.) others I come to find by my love of critters such as dogs (thanks, Hallie), horses, and family (thank you, Ree) and so many others.

I guess I'm finding (in my older age) that the world is such a wonderfully diverse place that even if I live to be one hundred, which is not entirely unthinkable thanks to my gene pool, I will never, ever tire of exploring all the places I'd like to go and meeting all the wonderful people I'd like to meet. Of course if I live to be one hundred I probably won't remember them all, but I would enjoy meeting them at the time.

I think that is well worth being a shiftless old woman that's lost her a..., don't you?

5 comments:

joanne said...

"A shiftless woman that's lost her a." Sounds like a great book or movie title don't you think?

I also have found blogging to be a blessing in my life. Put it out there and see what comes back is usually love, support, compassion and humor. Just what I was needing when I decided to try this blog thing.

I hope you get your "shift" together soon---as they say. Have a great Monday. ;)

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

I'll love you even if you lose your P's & Q's. (I crack myself up!)

Lose ALL your keys - just keep blogging and reading!!

Hallie :)

Twisted Fencepost said...

Couldn't have said it better myself.
P.S. Your not old yet!
Just an observation.
I love reading your blog. Never know what you'll say next.

Nola said...

I love reading your blog too!! I am reasonably new to blog world too and I love it! I love writing and I also love what "comes back to me" via this great web. Wonderful...I feel like I "know" you...and have known you for years!....You know, bloggin' and sending comments to....what's ya name???

Tipper said...

You may be shiftless and a-less-but you are totally right on about blogging. Amazing how you connect with folks all over the world!