Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Melissa And The Puppies...


Okay for all of you that have said "what about the puppies?" here are some new photos.

My original plan was to go in on Sunday afternoons after church to take photos and visit with my niece and her sweet hubs.

My reasoning is, since it's about a 45-50 minute drive to their home and Sundays are when her kids, my great nieces and nephews, usually come over to visit and bring their kids, my great-great nieces and nephews, that's when I get to visit with all of them also, more bang for the buck as it were...

Whew... That almost wears me out just typing all that out. Anyway, I was feeling really crappy this Sunday, so I didn't drive in to Bethany, a suburb of Okla. City, and didn't get any new photos. When I got fussed at, I called my sweet and wonderful niece and she sent me the photos I'm posting today.

The baby in the photos is Melissa. Nancy and Steve are adopting her. She is their niece, but due to some familial problems, they are in the process of adopting her.

She has been afraid of the dogs, I'm sure because they are so big and she wasn't raised around them. When Nance lets Maddie, the pups mom, out to go to the bathroom so she can change the bedding in their bed, they started showing Melissa about the puppies and letting her pet them.

The next thing, the baby wanted to be in with the puppies, so they let her get in their bed with them and showed her about being easy with them.

Obviously, she is having a great time. One of the puppies is wiggling around her head and neck, probably hunting ninny, but it is tickling her and she is laughing.

This is a great, huge, step for the baby girl, and we are all hoping that this will help towards calming her fears about the big dogs.

They are such gentle dogs, especially Maddie, and they would never hurt her, except maybe by accidentally bumping her or wagging their tail or such, but maybe watching the babies grow it will help her over her fears.

So here is your puppy fix for the week. By next Sunday they should be opening their eyes and, hopefully, I will feel like making the trip to town and getting "as they grow" photos.

Here's mom, back in with the babies.














And, finally, nap time.


Y'all come back and see us again, ya hear?!


(And if anyone can tell me how to get the underline off whenever it pops up like it did in this post, I'd sure appreciate it. I don't know what caused it to start and I don't know what caused it to stop, but it happen once before and I posted it just like I'm posting this one...)

9 comments:

Twisted Fencepost said...

The baby and the puppies are adorable. And I love that big dog!
I can't help ya with the underline thing, since I use wordpress and not blogger. But it kinda added interest to your post. Something like...make sure you read this part!! tee hee

Anna Lefler said...

Oh, so SWEET! I can't stand it!

Thanks for sharing all of that - every bit.

And I want you to know that I have a great respect for a woman who smacks her dentist. Love it.

Take care...

:^) Anna

Laura ~Peach~ said...

adorable baby and puppies... Hope you are feeling better... Did you get the cuttings? Hugs Laura

joanne said...

That has got to be one of the sweetest pictures I've ever seen! It looks like things are going well with the pups...thanks for keeping us updated.

And to answer your qestions;
no idea about the underline
same with the skin tags/beauty marks---aren't I just the most insightful one...;)

Nola said...

Awww thanks for sharing the photos....baby and puppies all adorable. It is good that they are trying to get her comfortable with the puppies and educating her about being "gentle". Gorgeous!!

Tipper said...

Love the baby, the puppies, the momma and the underline!!

Mary Ellen said...

The puppies and the baby are all adorable!

Thanks for your comment over at my blog. My brother, also adopted, has never been interested in searching, either. For some people I think it's about the medical info, and sometimes it's about something else. I'm still trying to figure out what category I'm in!

GingerJar said...

How adorable...the baby with all the babies.....

Perfect.

Lisa said...

Nothing like a child learning to love. Whether it is the love for an animal, or learning to love one another. I hope all goes well for that beautiful little girl, she is a cutie. Is that dog a great dane? It is one big dog!

My daughter is named Bethany, after the town. My cousin lived there YEARS ago and I loved the name of her town when she would write me letters. I used it to continue a name sake of Elizabeth, Elizabeth, Lisa and then Bethany. Four generations, pretty cool huh? (except who would know she would move to OKC and work in a bank in Bethany and all the jokes that went with it....Man, aren't you glad your mom didn't name you War Acres? Ha ha ha, smack!)She lived with and and got over it.