Saturday, June 20, 2009

Thank You Lord...

I have been going through massive withdrawal. I thought my computer had finally died on Thursday. It went into 3D mode and locked up so I had to manually turn it off. When I tried to turn it back on.... nothing. I tried later in the day... nothing. Now I'm starting with the cold sweats. Having had extra medical bills with my stupid rib I didn't have any reserves and was looking at next month before I could get a new computer.

I just wouldn't believe that my connection to the world was gone. I wasn't ready to sink back into the abyss of total anonymity. Yesterday I tried several times to coax the baby back to life. I sweet talked it, I told it how important it was to my life. I finally decided that I would have to start thinking about writing it's obituary. I was in the total pits.

I took off all the clamps and folded it's lid down and wiped it clean... but I couldn't yet bear to put it in the closet or the trash bin just yet. I was in mourning... big time.

I was sitting here watching golf and decided to try to turn my computer on one more time. I raised it's lid and tentatively pushed the on button, and walaaa!!!! Lights started turning on!

I am doing the happy dance as well as I can with broken ribs. And my first thing to do was let you all know that I'm not out of it yet. I've got to start looking for a computer that I can afford. I dang sure didn't like being disconnected from the world.

Now I've got to start catching up with you all... and being very sweet and nice to my computer.

13 comments:

Twisted Fencepost said...

My son has that same problem with his computer. Usually starts up the next day though. Seems like it wants to rest. We just don't turn it off anymore.
And glad you are back. Missed ya!
Hard enough with broken ribs, but DT's too?!

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Rub it gently and tell it that you love it. I bet it will be happy in no time!!

Works for the wieners!!

Hallie

Lonicera said...

Welcome back!! I'm sure your computer has a soul - it must have...
Caroline

Tina said...

Howdy-I am glad you got it working! I had a similar computer to yours and it gave me sooo much grief despite the expensive price tag. I had my screen break and similar zapping problems at Christmas and for my birthday my husband got me a HP mini-399.99 at Costco and although it is sometimes hard on my eyes it is working great. At the price if it lasts 1/4 as long as my Apple I will be a happy girl.

I recommend it!!

Tina

Sharon Rose said...

Hi Helen,
I am glad you are able to log in to the rest of your friends here in bloggy world.
I hope you will continue to mend so those ribs will quit giving you pain!

Tatersmama said...

You've been MISSED, let me tell you!
I'm so glad that your computer has decided to play nice again... and fingers crossed that it's gotten over it's little snit!

Laura ~Peach~ said...

i have 20% off any lemovo products... look them up see if you see one you like and can afford... i will give you my discount code... if you want:)
gald you are back up for as long as it lasts!
hugsssssss
Laura

Michel said...

OMG I totally would have freaked out! I live in fear of that happening! I would DIE!

SO I'm totally making a note of your fix...wipe it down and tell it that you love it. Got it!

Glad you're back!

Staci said...

I have this fear that my machine is going to do the same thing! It's getting slower every day, kind of like me....

Anyway, I'm glad it's working!

Debbie said...

I was starting to worry about you! Oh computer troubles. Don't ya just hate them? Walmart sells some pretty good ones for a good price. I got a Acer for 298.00 a few months ago when mine went out. Mine is not a mini. Good Luck and glad all is OK!! (Other than the computer).

God Bless~
Debbie Jean

hetty said...

Glad you're back! I was beginning to worry about you. It's bad enough to have broken ribs! You certainly don't need computer problems on top of that.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.kfarbair.com][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/_photos/photo_big8.jpg[/img][/url]

בית מלון [url=http://www.kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] - שלווה, [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/about.html]חדרים[/url] מרווחים, אינטימיות, [url=http://kfarbair.com/services.html]שקט[/url] . אנחנו מספקים שירותי אירוח מגוונים כמו כן ישנו במקום שירות חדרים המכיל [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/eng/index.html]סעודות רומנטיות[/url] במחירים מיוחדים אשר מוגשות ישירות לחדרכם!

לפרטים נוספים נא גשו לאתרנו - [url=http://kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/contact.html][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/apixel.gif[/img][/url]

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I begin on internet with a directory