Monday, February 28, 2011

Some Things Do Work!!!

I've been having a problem with some of the keys and the spacebar on my computer. I've had to go back and correct things I typed way more than usual and I was getting out of sorts with my purple laptop and then I thought to myself, "Self... you eat at your laptop, you pet your girls next to you with your laptop on your lap, you have even been known to eat cookies with your laptop in your lap! Do you think you might need to do some cleaning?"

Sure enough I got to looking and I could see crumbs and lint and a tadpole (just kidding about that one) so I got out the spray can of air and commenced to giving my beautiful computer a blow job... but like a lot of things in my life it didn't take care of the problem.

Light bulb moment!!! Back several years ago I bought one of those sets of little vacuum look alike tools that are supposed to be very helpful at cleaning computers, vcr.s and whatever other small stuff you want to clean.

After I took this photo it dawned on me that I should have tossed a quarter down with these tools so you would have a size comparison but you know what they say about hindsight... And laziness in my case because I could have set it up again and re-shot the picture, but I didn't so use your imagination...

The tool on the left is the one you put on the hose of the vacuum to size down to the other tools. I'll just say that the three little ones on the right are probably no more than a couple of inches long.


So I got out my handy dandy baby shop vac that I bought myself for my birthday, got the tools out (believe it or not I knew right where they were) and put my $4.95 purchase to the test. I got cookie crumbs enough to equal maybe a small package of cookies (not really) and way more lint and dust than I'd find in my bellybutton (really).

Can I just say, boy, they were worth the price.

My elevator may not go all the way to the top some days but my computer keys go all the way to the bottom now.

6 comments:

DocSly said...

Helen, it is so great to hear from you. I have done the same thing to my laptop and you sparked a thought about cleaning. I will doing a load of work on lap for the next few days. Thanks for the well wishes.

Laura~peach~ said...

bring your tools I need a blow job too! LMAO! or would that be a SUCK JOB??? LMAO!

joanne said...

hahahahaha Laura-Peach!

Debbie said...

Oh heavens girls....LOL.. Too funny!!!

God Bless~
Debbie Jean

Debbie said...

Giggling on this end..you are so darn funny. Love your sense of humor girl. Blow jobs, elevators all of it.

Mine's a mess, as I do the eating here too. Occasionally I turn it upside down and give it a good shake. The cereal usually stays because the milk has dried.

You are a HOOT!

Institute for Internet Safety said...

You indeed have a sense of humor. You know how to play with words, resulting to an interesting blog not a boring one. Thanks! Happy cleaning!